After a stressful day at work or a long day of doing the laundry and cleaning the house, there’s no other place that you want to go but your bedroom. This is where you will rest and regain your energy. So putting time and extra effort to make it a cosy is worth it. Here are some simple ways to help you pull off that makeover that you want for your bedroom.
- If you have a small bedroom and you want to make it look spacious, the first thing you need to do is to declutter. Start checking everything you have in your room and remove those things you don’t really need. Removing unnecessary things will give space for new decorations that you can put to make your room extra cosy.
- Go for built-ins. Whether it be a bookshelf or a fitted wardrobe, choosing a piece of built-in furniture is a great idea for making your room cosy and spacious. Through this, you can optimise the space of your bedroom, and you can be sure that no gap or space will be wasted. Having a built-in cabinet also means extra storage, which is important in keeping your things organised. One more advantage of getting built-in storage is that it’s custom-made. You will be the one to decide how big or how tall your cabinet will be and how it looks.
- Invest in a sturdy and long-lasting bed. Your bed is the main accent of your bedroom, so be sure to get yourself the best one. Do not hesitate to buy a bed that is a bit pricey but will surely last you long. Also, choose a mattress that will make your day and night comfortable and relaxing.
- Consider adding a big mirror in your room. If you want to make your room look bigger, but you don’t have enough space, try hanging a big mirror on your wall. This will make your room feel a lot bigger, and it also serves as a simple yet beautiful decoration.
- Choose a soothing colour palette. When choosing a colour palette for your bedroom, stick to only one or two colours that are complementing each other. Choosing the right colours will please your eyes and will brighten up your day. Also, be sure to check how your lighting will affect the colours. Consider earthy colours.
Decorating your bedroom is now made easy because you can find a lot of ideas and designs online that you may want to try. It doesn’t matter how expensive or cheap your things are, but it’s about how you keep your room organised. Design your bedroom according to your personality, because in this way you will feel a lot more comfortable and cosier. Pulling off a makeover is exciting, but make sure that you do not overdecorate if you want to make it look spacious. Plan ahead and always stick to your budget to avoid overspending.