The Top Benefits of Pivot Shower Doors for Your Shower Enclosure
Every bathroom needs either a bath or a shower – and in the modern UK bathroom, a shower is often preferred. The shower tends to be more economical, saves more space, and is much more convenient to use for the modern person who needs to get up and go to work every day. It’s no wonder, therefore, that many choose to install a luxurious and well-fitting shower enclosure.
However, there are many kinds of shower enclosures out there, and the style of the structure as well as the kind of door you choose to install can make a big difference. Are you thinking about installing a shower enclosure and wondering what kind of door would fit you and your family best? Here are the top benefits of pivot shower doors for your shower enclosure.
The pivot door
We’re all familiar with the hinged door – it’s the most common door found in houses and for cupboards, after all. However, the pivot door is slightly different; it has a beam running through the side and actually pivots around it so no hinges are necessary. Whilst it works very similarly to the hinged door, there are some big benefits to be gained.
Some major advantages
There are major advantages to pivot doors – here are some of the most important ones:
- Larger openings – they are especially advantageous when installed in larger shower cubicles.
- Remove that track – the track at the bottom (where sliding doors move on) are often dangerous and a place for dirt to gather. You don’t have this problem with the pivoting door.
- Better safety – no tracks and larger entrances mean more safety.
- Luxury models available – there are many choices available, including luxury versions.
- Doing it in style – the pivot shower door is perfect for the contemporary bathroom and radiates style and elegance.
- Easy maintenance – it saves a lot of time in cleaning and maintenance.
There are plenty of options when it comes to pivot doors. The framed one is usually the least expensive, although there are many other choices. Those without frames need to be secured by extra thick glass (and there are options regarding clear or opaque glass for those who feel the need for privacy). Not satisfied with either? Semi-framed is equally possible.
It’s important to know that there are many kinds of pivot doors available – made of various materials and in multiple designs. This is one of the reasons why the pivot door is becoming so popular; it doesn’t just offer the user the advantages that are described above, it’s also the perfect way to make sure your shower enclosure fits in perfectly with the existing décor of your bathroom. It’s a great choice, and it’s an option you should definitely consider.
Image attributed to Pixabay.com