7 Healthy Habits to Be the Best Version of Yourself

February 27, 2023 Joseph Hernandez 0Comment

You’re officially healed from your bunion surgery, and you’re ready to start adopting some healthier habits. You’ve been off your feet for a while now, and you’re excited to start this new journey. We’re here to offer 7 healthy habits to be the best version of yourself.

Let’s get into it!

Work it Out

It comes as no surprise that working out is a healthy habit that can drastically improve your life. So often, people assume they have to hit the gym 6 days a week or regularly run 10 miles. This isn’t the case. You can get both the mental and physical health benefits of exercise in as little as 20 minutes a day.

Workouts to Consider:

  • Daily walks
  • Yoga/Pilates
  • Cycling
  • Dance classes
  • Home Workouts

Learn Everyday

Learning is incredibly important for both our mental and physical health. As we get older, we tend to seek out less information. However, it’s more important than ever – as you age – that you’re consistently using your brain in new ways.

Learn Everyday Practices:

  • Read a nonfiction book
  • Listen to an informational podcast
  • Look up online scholarly articles
  • Watch a documentary

Practice Compassion

Compassion is what makes the world go round, and it’s also important for your wellbeing. Practicing compassion for both you and others allows you to feel more positive emotions. In turn, this can help prevent mental health issues such as anxiety or depression. You can practice compassion in many different ways – positive affirmations, loving kindness meditation, and keeping a compassion journal.

Mindfulness Meditation

Mindfulness is incredibly useful when it comes to adopting a healthier lifestyle. This is a practice you can do anywhere, and it allows you to be in tune with your mind and body.

Experts show that mindfulness:

  • Helps with cardiovascular health
  • Decreases cognitive decline caused by Alzheimer’s or age
  • Strengthens immune system
  • Reduces feelings of anxiety or depression

Eat to Fuel Your Body

It’s important that you don’t overdo it when it comes to indulging in foods that aren’t healthy for you. While a treat here and there doesn’t usually cause issues, if you make eating poorly a habit – it could be detrimental to your health. You could follow something called the 80/20 rule when it comes to eating. This means that 80% of the foods you eat are healthy and nutritious while the other 20% are more of a snack.

Spend Time with Friends

Quality time with friends is a must when it comes to your overall health and wellbeing. Make it a habit to regularly reach out to friends and loved ones to connect. The Center for Disease Control shows that “loneliness and social isolation” are “linked to serious health conditions.” This is why it’s incredibly important that you make time to socialize and spend time with others.

Explore New Hobbies

When was the last time you tried something new? As we get older, we tend to not have as many new experiences. However, this is why it’s even more vital that you explore new hobbies – even as you age. Participating in something that’s new challenges your mind and body in ways that promote a healthy you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *